Friday, March 13, 2020

Thanks Corona -_- (STN Update)

Some interesting events have occurred in my life since the last time I've written here. Allow me to debrief everyone.

As mentioned before, the competition I have been preparing for since November is finally here. Student Television Network. The place where student journalists and multi-media storytellers from around the country all come together to compete and learn. I went on the plane and arrived in Washington D.C with less than 24 hours left until the convention officially began. Or at least it was supposed to until...

The Corona Virus
Source: Livescience
Long story short the convention had been cancelled because of DC Health's recommendation. While I understand the cancellation, it doesn't mean I'm happy about it especially since they had several chances to cancel it before hundreds of teams wasted their time and money to arrive; but, I digress. 

My entire TV production team (CBTV) have been pumped up, preparing, and were ready to compete and win at STN. But come Wednesday afternoon a mere one day after we arrive, we get information that nobody wanted to hear; STN has been cancelled. Hearing this news was absolutely devastating and knowing how many hours of my Saturday mornings, after school days, and time spent for meetings have been wasted didn't help either. This was a competition where I felt incredibly confident a lot of us, including myself, would have placed and won. But, I guess this confidence won't be justified until next year...

All I hope is for this outbreak to settle down, not only for the entire world's safety, but also to help make sure the rest of this filming and school year continues as normal.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...