Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Group Meetings

In class today, I had an opportunity to further strengthen my idea for my opening.

Names from left to right: Ana,  Camila, Robert, Myself, Jessica, Sydney

We were arranged into groups each working on their own different openings and discussed each other's ideas. Everybody had very interesting and different ideas for their films and it was great to critique one another and give inspiration and help to one another. I even gave one of my group members a title for her short film :)

A lot of the people had really cool ideas I am excited to see how they bring it to life, like Robert who is doing a retro-futuristic film about dating culture. A common theme I found was a lot of people were doing coming-of-age films about a character either in romance, family, social group or their mental state.

Within our discussion, I got some great feedback and new ideas I hadn't thought about. For the most part, they all liked my idea for the opening and thought the concept was original and very topical, especially today. An idea they brought to the table was having the main character be more of a video influencer rather than a photo model, which is what we had in mind. This perspective went completely over my head as I was more tunnel visioned on making it more centered around a typical fashionista. I'm really glad I was able to get more feedback and insight for my idea to help me give a new view to my opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...