Monday, April 19, 2021

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now take a breathe of relief.


    As I look back at the work my group and I have had to accomplish over these past couple of months, it is clear to see that we have grown a lot from this project. For starters, this is technically my first short film that I have worked on from beginning to end in full. Yes, I have done short projects here and there throughout the years, but none to the extent that Cutting Room Floor was on as my group and I maintained total creative control and remained on track with this story. We developed the idea together from scratch, wrote and revised the screenplay for it, and followed it through on this story from filming all the way to the editing room. It was something incredibly satisfying and beautiful to see our artistic aspirations come to fruition before our very eyes and know that the end product is what we sought it out to be. 
    In comparison to my past endeavors, this project has also had the highest production value I have ever worked on thanks to us renting professional-grade equipment, such as boom mics, quality camera lenses, monitors and the iconic film clapboard; all of which came incredibly handy. Additionally, our level of editing on this project was at a high as we were ambitious and implemented various color grades, sound effects, titles, visual and special effects that can be seen throughout the film.

Cutting Room Floor
 Finalized Editing Timeline (Adobe Premiere Pro)

    My group and I sought out to raise the floor with this next project and to create something that will knock it out of the park. I can say with full confidence that we have done just that. It has been an honor to work on this project and to have the opportunity to document the process with you loyal blog viewers over the past two years.

While this blog may have been the first time you see my name on a film, it surely will not be the last.

See you all on the big screen soon :)

-Oliver Sulla 




No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...