Saturday, March 6, 2021

And the name is...

 Well, the time has finally come for our film to have a name and it is one that I think is awesome and very well suiting. Our title is... *drum roll please*

 Cutting Room Floor

 This idea came from my group partner, Ryan and was the one who taught me and explained to me what this term is because I had never heard of it before. Cutting room floor is used in the film industry as a figure of speech referring to unused or scrapped footage not included in the finished film. Outside of the film industry, it may refer to any creative work unused in the final product. 

Source: El Space
This term for our title made a lot of sense to me because it is symbolic of our protagonist's journey and growth throughout the movie. Our protagonist deciding how the course of his life goes and what does or doesn't make it into his "final cut." It is a title that additionally works for marketing purposes as it is a name that sticks out and people will remember once hearing about it. This is an awesome working title and unless any significant changes are made to the story, it will end up being the final title for our production. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...