Thursday, March 25, 2021

Music Update

 Hello everyone! I have some new on our music situation! Out of the two record companies I have contacted for licensing in our films, Epic and Matador Records respectively, only one has contacted me back: Matador. The lady who I was in contact with was very kind and responded rather quick; only a day after my initial e-mail was when she responded. She asked a couple of questions regarding where I was located and to whom the film would be shown to. I had explained to her that the film was going to be shown to my class, but also be sent off to Cambridge for grading. Additionally, I made mention of the fact that my group and I are most likely going to send this film off to film festivals within the US. Afterwards, she gave this response: 



Although I love the Interpol song we are requesting and think it would work great with the intended ending for our film, we unfortunately do not have the budget to pay for the license of the master and the publishing rights for our film. While this isn't the outcome we were hoping for, I am going to keep a pin on this song to eventually use for a future project that I work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...