Sunday, March 7, 2021

Scripts don't write themselves

 I've begun writing the scripts for our short film ( a slippery slope as I have to make both a script to be used within the film and one that is for our film as a whole). So as of late, it has been a lot of...


Source: Nickelodeon
But we are getting progress done bit by bit! The first page of the script within the film (before the protagonist breaks the fourth wall) is shown down below here:


In order to compose this script, I was just thinking of typical "youth coming of age films" and how I would start one off. The one line the protagonist has at the end of the page is where he would (quite literally) go off script. This is an opening and sequence of events that are simple, but I know our team can add a lot of personal touch and style to the shots. 

When it comes to the script of the actual film, I've been taking notes from all kinds of films like, Stranger than Fiction, that I already discussed, and Scott Pilgrim vs The World. Films that are not only very meta, but edited in a very stylized manner ie. heavy use of text and graphics to accentuate the events of the film and precise cuts. Approximately one and a half pages of the film have been written, but I still got quite a bit to go and still need to discuss with my team for their opinions. But hey, these things don't write themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...