Friday, February 28, 2020

Back to Square One

Here’s the latest place my team and I have gone to since my last post:

Image result for back to square one
Source: Arnel Manalang

My team and I had decided to scrap our idea for this Schizophrenic artist. It was a tough goodbye that we tried to prolong by pondering other mental disorders for us to use instead. After a meeting of the minds as to how exactly we were to portray this character in an interesting and engaging way, the same question always came up, "What makes the audience want to care about him?" It was a question we could not answer in a way that we would like and for that, we had to forego this story.

Source: Giphy

But alas, from the ashes rose something new! A new story was discussed and now established to be what will now be our film opening. We have decided on a story that focuses on the impact social media today has on people and their mentality and perceptions. We have decided to portray this with a girl getting ready for a social media post, but showing that it's not always as pretty as they make it seem. As sad as I am to see our idea go, I know that it is for the best and considering our clearer train of thought and group dynamic I am ready to see where this new story takes us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...