Wednesday, February 26, 2020

All According to Plan(ning)



Some quick updates on my team progression for our planning:

Image result for planning
Source: Tower Data Science

My teammates and I have established our designated roles within the production of our film opening:

- Austin will be in charge of researching what font to use, editing techniques, and shot composition

- Katherine will be researching color theory, visual aesthetic, and the mis-en-scene for our scene

-And I will take on the task of researching characterization by researching about schizophrenia, as well as creating the necessary artwork to be used by our character.

We also have a finalized shooting schedule:

-Finalize pre-production: March 1st
-Filming: March 8th
-Begin line editing: March 16th
-Finish line editing and VFX for film opening: March 21st
-FINISHED Product: March 28th

Closing thoughts:

I feel a lot of relief knowing what we have all been delegated to. Austin is somebody who is very skillful in learning tasks quickly and efficiently, as well as his skills in the editing room. Katherine is a very artistic and colorful person who is not only good at color palettes and aesthetics (her ability to create our website and collages for our previous music video project), but also is very excited to do so. Being able to analyze and create dynamic characters is something I love to do and is something I really strive to be able to perfect, as well as my storytelling abilities and I know these tasks will help me get to an elevated level.



To be honest, one of the most relieving plans we have agreed on is our day of filming on March 8th. The entirety of this week and next week is completely packed with either homework, my actual job, or television production events I have to attend. I am going to be competing in Student Television Network (STN) in Washington D.C so for these past weeks, it’s been nothing but practices and then for March 10-15th it’s competition time! Knowing I am done with filming while I’m at STN makes me feel so much more at ease and will help me get my mind on track with the competition at hand. I’m beyond excited to compete again. Last year I was able to place 2nd place in the entire nation! It was an incredible feeling and, after all this hustling, am ready to take home another award [hopefully first place this time though ;) ]

Source: Giphy

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...