Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Plot? Check!

So, today I met up with my partners, Austin and Katherine to discuss ideas and possible concepts for our film opening. We spit balled a number of ideas between one another. A hacker movie, technology over society, coming of age film were all brought into conversation.
Image result for people cheering


After discussion between us all, we have agreed to a plot for our film opening.

Image result for schizophrenia artistAs of right now, we have decided on doing a character study on a Schizophrenic patient who is also an artist. The main conflict would stem from this person's relationship between the two.


-Drawing from 18-year old Schizophrenic patient




As far as what our planning for this story will be, a main goal of ours is to portray sufferers of Schizophrenia in a brighter light than what is normally shown on the silver screen.

In terms of research we are viewing videos of patients explaining their condition themselves, such as here.

I am very excited to tell this story as not only am I incredibly interested in psychology and take psychology classes, I am an artist myself and so this project blends these two worlds perfectly. In addition, I have a portfolio of drawings from over the years, including from my time in AICE Art, ready for use.

Will keep you all updated regarding our progression through this story! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...