Sunday, February 21, 2021

Short Film: The Playlist(s)

 Currently on our road to creating an idea for our short film, my group and I decided to try and first develop and atmosphere and sonic aesthetic for our project. In order to do this, we all created our own playlists on Spotify; something I never would have thought of personally had it not been for my other group members. This was a very interesting idea, but one I will definitely do again. It was fun going through all my own personal songs to see which would able to fit in an actual movie as a lot of songs I love, do give me "movie vibes", so it was nice to finally put them to use. This was a fun way to brainstorm story ideas in a more abstract and audio focused way. 

A lot of times I hear music and immediately think of a scene or characters or shot lists or a story that I would wanna see in either a movie, music video, or tv show. It was awesome listening to my collection of possible soundtrack picks, as well as Ryan and Eddy's. I picked mine with the loose common thread of a mysterious, nighttime aura connecting the songs together. Eddy's was very peaceful and melodic, while Ryan's was more dreamlike and wonderous. All these different playlists helped me get a different perspective on how the film could pan out and it was very interesting to see where my other teammates' creative headspaces are at.

I am very excited to see where these playlists take our creative drive and the direction our film ends up going in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...