Saturday, April 11, 2020

Project Reflection

What started out as a film opening about an artist struggling with Schizophrenia to one about a social media influencer, has been this film opening project that my group and I have been working since February! As I come to see the ending of this project process, I look back and see how much my group and I have gone through and grown together. To be honest it's been a lot and I'm beyond pleased to have worked with the both Austin and Katherine for the time that I have. Katherine has been the creative mind and voice of common ground and reason when the two "dudes" were freaking out about what to do next and not only is she a great set designer, but actress as well. Austin has been the brains and technical guru throughout, as well as coming up with the finalized concept and edit of the project. And that leaves, me, who has proudly served as the cinematographer, equipment manager, and producer for our opening. Throughout the around two months this project took, I have seen myself learn that the inner workings behind making even a film opening is a lot easier said than done. Even though it is a lot of work, I never thought of it in the way I normally think of school projects (a chore). It was incredibly refreshing to have a project that challenged and drove me creatively to the point where I looked forward to working and adding to the production process.

Best Spongebob Birthday Gif GIFs | Gfycat

As much as I will miss creating this film opening, I am incredibly relieved to have completed it all. All that's left is to finish my CCR and I. AM. DONE. Until next school year my people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...