Thursday, April 9, 2020

Eh-da-ting

Due to the distancing this quarantine and increasing regulation against social interaction from both my city and parents, the task of editing has been mainly bestowed upon Austin due to us beginning at his house where I have not seen since I began line editing. Austin has been working on various tweaks to be done for editing in the comfort of his own home by himself. Throughout the week, he would be giving my updates on to his progress until today when we decided to get on a Discord call to lay out our final touches on the opening ad for me to review what he has done so far.
Discord - Friends, Communities, & Gaming - Apps on Google Play
Discord logo
The great thing about using Discord is that he could share his screen while in Adobe premiere so I could see exactly how the film has been edited and what we can do. It's as if there was no quarantine! 

The first cut of the film opening he showed me was more potential than polished. Which is where we discussed the addition of a different font, use of color grading, as well as helping him with something that would really help the opening get to the next level was our audio. We decided how to lay the audio tracks for the music, when to up the levels, and what sound effects we could add to help give the opening more depth when viewing. When shown to our friends and each other, the consensus was that all of these tweaks and changes helped make for a greater film opening that I am more than pleased to say has been finished editing. 

Captain America We Won GIF - CaptainAmerica WeWon Avengers ...
Source: Tenor

The final cut of the opening will be posted soon on my blog soon for everyone's viewing pleasure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Final Look Back

 *sigh* The time has come. The last blogpost. The short film has been finalized, our project components have been finished, and I can now ta...